Welcome!

Angelina Villalobos is a fine artist who combines environment and folklore into her subject matter which attempts to understand religion, culture & family structure in the jigsaw of modern society. Going by the pen name 179, please subscribe to the blog for more updates!

Commission inquiries can be made to
onesevennine@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Manzanilta by OneSevenNine 2007


Manzanilta_by_OneSevenNine, originally uploaded by marinvee.

It's a wonder seeing old work and the progression of a style. It is especially interesting when it is yourself you are observing...

This picture was apart of a series of paintings I did with Germbots, Skulls and hotdogs. It was a mixture of Catholic iconography, playfulness, animal folklore... Ideas which I feel in present work are more refined. I was really feeling this method of well ink pen and gouache, which as you know I still use. This is a little ole thing, say 5x7 or 4x6? on watercolor paper. This makes me want to revisit this particular style and period with the new things I have learned.

I am happy to see this.
Have a Happy Holiday!

Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment