Welcome!

Angelina Villalobos is a fine artist who combines environment and folklore into her subject matter which attempts to understand religion, culture & family structure in the jigsaw of modern society. Going by the pen name 179, please subscribe to the blog for more updates!

Commission inquiries can be made to
onesevennine@gmail.com

Sunday, March 14, 2010

179's prep for Upper Playground Seattle Show



Oh Mischievous Me...

This is the title of the new show coming up April 16th at the Upper playground Seattle location. Basically I am doing animals dressed as other animals dressed as other animals etc. 

You will notice, I have watched Miyazaki movies over and over, read my graphic novels (ahem comic books) and read extensively up on folklore.

I have a hilarious alphabet I have been working on. Small ink illustrations, I'll post below so you can get the giggles too when you see them.



Flier will be up shortly, in the meantime, here are a few pics of the prep work and sketches of the exercises I have been doing this past year. It's an alphabet, I want to stay on top of my letter form game as it will help me in create better monster letters.
Enjoy!

Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment