Welcome!

Angelina Villalobos is a fine artist who combines environment and folklore into her subject matter which attempts to understand religion, culture & family structure in the jigsaw of modern society. Going by the pen name 179, please subscribe to the blog for more updates!

Commission inquiries can be made to
onesevennine@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Few and Far 2011:: Process

I had so much fun painting with these ladies!
Here are progress shots of the weekend we spent in Oakland prepping and painting this wall. You can see more information on the future Few and Far Blog, TooFlyNYC Blog, and the 179 Flickr.

Few and Far Oakland 2011
Hops and I getting down with some characters! I don't really like painting on ladders. These are Hop's caricatures of her and Lady Mags, another amazing woman who painted above her.

Few and Far Oakland 2011
Breakfast of champions! It is supposed to be 2011 starting with the rabbit, but I got a little crazy and HAD to add the star and Germbot.

Few and Far Oakland 2011
This is a bear-dog. He was great. He watched me paint for a few hours. What a good ole' dog.

Few and Far Oakland 2011
Here is my proton of the Paintbrush section of the wall. I painted with 2 other really talented ladies and then went to help on the larger part when I was finished. Again I had to paint on a ladder and 2 stacked milk crates. Yes, I know, I am very short.


Here is the link to the past blog where Ksera, TooFly and Reds were interviewed and the official Flier;
http://179ers.blogspot.com/2011/05/few-and-far-sf-here-we-come.html

Meme, you are amazing for organizing this event and Ksera, thank you for inviting me down for laughs and good times! I hope to paint with the rest of your ladies in the future, take care!

Love,
Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment