Angelina Villalobos is a fine artist who combines environment and folklore into her subject matter which attempts to understand religion, culture & family structure in the jigsaw of modern society. Going by the pen name 179, please subscribe to the blog for more updates!

Commission inquiries can be made to

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dancing Shoes: Custom Paint

Jailbird Rock!

These I did for a friend who was just released from the slammer! He is near and dear and so I decided to do a comic-style short story with these and incorporate his life. The banner ended up reading "A Setback is a Set-up for a Comeback!" Very witty of him. There is a skateboard with hotrod flames flying through a lightning storm. A padlock freeing a laughing jailbird and a calavera. I am proud.

These I used the Molotow High Solid Markers I received from Art Primo. Check the video demo I did for them on their Youtube Channel;

Dancing Shoes: Custom Paint

Along with acrylic paint I applied with a paintbrush, I was able to get the details I needed. This was extremely fun and I had a good time doing this. Little egg was really interested in this project so I hope I can get her to make her own custom pair! How cool would that be?

Anyhoo, I am excited to give these to him for the holidays. I hope everyone has a safe one as well, cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment