Welcome!

Angelina Villalobos is a fine artist who combines environment and folklore into her subject matter which attempts to understand religion, culture & family structure in the jigsaw of modern society. Going by the pen name 179, please subscribe to the blog for more updates!

Commission inquiries can be made to
onesevennine@gmail.com

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Peacock 2007


Peacock 2007, originally uploaded by OneSevenNine.

With all the snow in Seattle, I am feeling tropical.
This is one bird you don't want to stuff inside another, inside another, inside another! She ain't no Turkey!

Anyhoo, if you are an avid (or an occasional) follower of mine you know I hate peacocks with a passion. I was once knocked down and furiously flapped in the face by one when I was little... Stop laughing it's true!
So of course in celebration of my grudge for the attack, I paint them.
What can you do, they are so beautiful... I wonder if they are in fact delicious?

I hope all of your holidays are amazing, cheers!

Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment