Welcome!

Angelina Villalobos is a fine artist who combines environment and folklore into her subject matter which attempts to understand religion, culture & family structure in the jigsaw of modern society. Going by the pen name 179, please subscribe to the blog for more updates!

Commission inquiries can be made to
onesevennine@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update on Desmadre Show 2009


Here is an article of my 2009 Summer Show at Vermilion Gallery;
Fresh Latino Perspectives in America

Here is an exert from Kaetlyn Cordingley blog and article she wrote.

"Artist Angelina Villalobos, who signs her paintings as 179, used vibrant colors and pottery-inspired details in her pieces. Her passion for folklore was evident in her whimsical depictions of animals. In her most recent painting, “Conejo” (which means rabbit), buggy bunny eyes pop from the center of the canvas as the abstract form of a rabbit surrounds them.
“I love old stories in which animals play tricks on people,” said Villalobos, who has described herself as a combination of “country Mex and city Mex.""

You may read the rest of the article here;
Family and Folklore in New Latino Art Show
I remember talking to her, I was a bit nervous and I never know what to say when asked about my art. It was lovely talking to her and I thank her for this wonderful article she wrote on this very successful show.

I would recommend reading the rest of the article since there are interesting and great insightful views on Latino Art in the modern age.

If you would like a reminder of the show, here is the link to my interview with the fine people of Desmadre Arte;
http://desmadrearte.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/179/

I hope this entry finds you all well,
Angelina

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is Kenji from the L.I.F.E classes. just trying to get in contact with you. hit me back at khamai253@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete