Welcome!

Angelina Villalobos is a fine artist who combines environment and folklore into her subject matter which attempts to understand religion, culture & family structure in the jigsaw of modern society. Going by the pen name 179, please subscribe to the blog for more updates!

Commission inquiries can be made to
onesevennine@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Royal Booze and Bar Bathrooms

I painted this for The Royal on University way and 57nd. I headed over after I dropped my paintings off at Bherd Studios for the show on Friday. This bar is great; it is Mexican themed with great art everywhere and now these phrases in the bathrooms. I have to go back and add a white to really make these "POP" off the wall.

This was also my first time using this product called Smash Ink which is a xylene based paint similar to One Shot. I used the color Gold Digger; very appropriate name! It was excellent, covered well and ate right through the plastic cup I was using... oops...

When I go back for touch ups, be sure to stop by and say hello!

Love,
Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment